Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thursday 22August2013

Today was a good day, started at 430am even though I did not have to be up till 530, but such is life. For some reason I had an itching to go in and train, and nice little easy 20' EMOM. Cleaned up a bit, coached the morning classes followed by our usual training time of 1030. After some lifts and a short AMRAP I rested a bit, did some emails, chatted and then went back at it again at two. This type of day is incredibly rare but I went with it. I hit my 90% clean and jerk pretty easily 3x, was pumped about that and overall moved pretty well. It never hurts to get to train with Chris Spealler, a stand-up, humble, hell of a Crossfit Athlete.

I am a nerd when it comes to physical fitness, I am 100% interested and in love with finding out how to make the human body move more efficiently, with more weight, at a faster rate. Crossfit is a different breed than real sports. Crossfit athletes really do not know what is being thrown at them so there is no 'right' way of training nor is there one single way of accomplishing the same goal. I think I know one thing, then I see evidence and talk to someone else that gives me a totally different answer. The more I learn the more I don't know. All I know and can do is train, record and assess. Maintain if not promote what is already good, fix what doesn't work.


A
 EMOM for 20'
  odd', 250m row
  even', (alternated back and forth) 10 wall ball/10 HSPU, 10 KBSwing @ 88#, 25 DU

B
 C&J@90%, 3x1
 10' AMRAP Double Under
 ***EMOM player must complete 3 snatches @ 65%
 *3 snatches then as many double unders as possible, once new minute begins, player must complete 3 more snatches

C
 3 Hi Hang High Pulls + Snatch, work to heavy
 Back Squat work to heavy 3
 5 RFT: 5 power clean @ 205, 10 HSPU

No comments:

Post a Comment