Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday 30August2013

I woke up today feeling off. Slept fine, but just the stressors of life + a 'few' of our members being sick and STILL coming into workout might have something to do with it. I would love to know what other coaches think about when their members come in sick, seeking a higher level of fitness. I never understood people coming in when they are sick, I am at the point where I am almost a prick about it. You come in and fill your water bottle up that you have put your mouth on. You sneeze on your hands and grab a jump rope, sweat and put it back. You wipe the sweat from your brow and grab a barbell. You breathe hard on burpees and sweat all over the rings.

I guess I am crazy for thinking that would spread to EVERYONE IN THE GYM!

Stay away. Having your immune system weakened while trying to get better is a lose lose situation. When you train you tear your body down, sleeping+diet+rest help build you back up, so why do it while your sick?

Anyway, I felt off today, no sick symptoms just felt off. Did some easier stuff, no conditioning.

2 Snatch above knee + 2 Snatch below knee + Snatch,
 *today I actually moved the BB really well, I didn't go heavy but everyone of them fell into the perfect place, it actually was amazing going in with low expectations of weight. I worked to a measly 205, but felt fast and didn't stumble anywhere. (Reid Worthington, no laughing...posting snatches at 300#) It did feel good just to get some technique in, and could tell I was not recovered from the weekend due to the high heart rate after that complex.

Followed with 5x5 good morning and 5x5 press @ 75%.

I am going to San Diego this weekend with the lady, hopefully relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment