Monday, October 21, 2013

3 weeks in.

I have been in LA for 3 weeks now and am excited to see where it goes. New things always come with a bit of stress and uncertainty but I am fortunate to have some good souls in my life.

Relationships are a huge glimpse into ones life. Who you surround yourself with is a huge indicator to what type of a person you are. It's all too easy to fake what type of being you are to the sheep public but to those of 'us' who understand that demeanor, it is a facade; the true indicator to whom one is, the people that they surround themselves with. Again I am fortunate for the growth I hope to have here in LA.

Training is non-exisent. My sleep has been spotty again, and have accepted that there needs to be an extra-cirricular activity. Sleepy shitty, work in gym, workout in gym, work in gym, go home and program/email/think/write for gym. An activity outside of the gym needs to happen. I am looking for some advice on what this might be. I came up with 3 things:

1) rock climbing
2) join a beer club who likes to nerd out on IPA's like me
3) play rugby again

Playing rugby again would be dangerous for two things. It is somewhat of a beer club, typically shitty beer, but beer nonetheless, but also because your face gets smashed everyday Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday. I am excited to get back on the pitch and love the community that it brings. I only hope to look as pretty after as I do now : )

Since I am still feeling some low energy and effects of stress. I am limiting my lifting and power-endurance stuff and focusing on some LSD stuff, recovery movement/gymnastics. I also am taking the time to work on some weaknesses (hamstring/glut recruitment, gymnastics, and aerobic capacity)

Hope you are all well.

The only muscle worth training sits inside your skull.

PS.

I am sad to see Jim Leyland go.


No comments:

Post a Comment